Wednesday 18 January 2012

Planning you next Vacation...

For some people planning a holiday is a complete chore (enter travel agents to do the work for you) but for some of us half the fun is in planning our vacations. Even more rewarding than the planning is the fact that now there are sites which offer fantastic hotel rates, great experiences or even the entire holiday for you, so you can invariably save yourself a bit of money.

I personally like planning holidays and weekend breaks because, that way, I can ensure I know exactly what I'm getting and also exactly in the order/ way I want it. I've compiled a list of a few of my favourite sites to help you get started.

1. Jetsetter
Jetsetter is fairly new to the UK, but it is well established in the USA. The UK site has just partnered with Conde Nast Traveller and are currently offering flash sales at some of the Gold List 2012 hotels. 
What I like: good sales and at incredible hotels, this site offers luxury on a budget (not a small budget, but still). This allows those of us with flexibility on dates and time to spare, the opportunity to experience opulent hotels worldwide.There's a US site and a UK site to try.

My tip: I recommend giving Hacienda Benazuza a try in Seville, it looks incredible. Only a few days left in the flash sale! 

2. Secret Escapes 
This website offers a great selection of worldwide sales and also a host of UK based breaks, I'm fairly certain there is something for everyone.  
What I like: excellent variety of sales, some just hotels, others the entire trip. I also like the fact that you can set a reminder for up-coming sales. They'll e-mail you when the sale has begun. 

My choice: Cuba with flights, £1349 for 13 nights. Bargain!

3. Voyage Prive
 This website has lot of choice in terms of destination, and plenty of options for each place too. For lots of their offers you can choose varying number of nights, room only, room and flights, whole package.

My current pick: Artemisia Palace Hotel, Palermo, Italy. If you can bag some cheap flights they are currently offering a 2 night stay for £62 including breakfast!

So, if you're looking to plan your next get away, take a look at the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment